Having an energy-efficient home can help you manage your finances massively. This is why we have conducted various studies to find out the best ways of managing your finances over a long period of time! Continue reading to check out 10 of our best tips when it comes to finances at home. Click here for our FAQ’s.
Save money on debt
You can reduce the amount of money you owe, which will lower your ongoing monthly expenses. Paying off your debt means fewer monthly bills to pay so you can start saving sooner. Find out more.
- Consider a bank transfer with a lower interest rate
- Request a credit card rate reduction
- Sells unused items
Cut down on your energy bills
It’s no secret we sometimes experience hot summers and cold winters, but throughout the year we plug in hundreds of gadgets. Technology has bought us various ways of improving energy efficiency.
- Install LED light bulbs into your home. These bulbs are around four times more efficient and last for many years. This will save you money on electricity costs and on buying new bulbs every few months.
- Unplug all unused electrical devices. We all know what’s like to leave things plugged in, even if we aren’t using them. Even if a device isn’t being used and is still plugged in, a small amount of electricity is still being used.
- Install energy-efficient windows. This will help to minimise the amount of energy and heat is lost through poorly insulated windows. If you have an extension, consider eco rooflights with a U-Value of 0.65.
Look to add SMART capacity to your home
How many times have you crawled into bed and realized you forgot to turn off the living room lights?
Most people just yawn and turn over. It is estimated that over 220,000 homes a night regularly leave the lights on all night. Think of how much money you could save!
Or tried to catch the last minutes of the game but couldn’t find the remote? These are the moments we ask ourselves: how is this still a thing?
Smart entertainment centre
Turn a room into a smart entertainment centre
One of the most popular ways people use the Google Assistant in their UK homes is to watch movies and shows on their TV and play music. Smart Eh!
Protect your home
Get helpful alerts from your security camera
CCTV Security cameras and smart doorbells let you keep tabs on activity around your home, and we’ve worked to ensure that the Google Assistant works seamlessly with these devices.
And if you are a business then you can save even more with SMART Buildings. Click here.
More on Smart Homes